London, England, United KingdomDestination Management
Company Information & Job Details
About Kuoni Tumlare:
At Kuoni Tumlare, we deliver truly inspiring and innovative solutions and experiences that create value both for our Partners and Society at large. Our wide portfolio of products and solutions is built on 100+ years of destination management experience.
Our solutions include series tours, technical visits, educational tours, Japanspecialist travel consulting, as well as meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions. Our product portfolio includes MyBus excursions at destinations as well as guaranteed departure tours devised and delivered by our Seat-in-Coach specialists, Europamundo (EMV) and MyBus Landcruise.
We cater to a wide range of customer needs in close collaboration with our trusted suppliers and powered by our team of destinations experts - enabling us to make a real difference to the world.
About the Business / Function:
Our Destination Management services form the core of our business. Together with our destination experts, our sales and account management teams generate business by partnering with our customers (Tour Operators, Travel Agencies) to shape exciting itineraries suited to their traveler’s needs. We take care of everything from ground support, hotel bookings, sightseeing, restaurants, and local guides; all while providing 24/7 customer support so that travelers from over 50 countries can enjoy memorable travel experiences worry free.
About the Role:
As the “Tour Coordinator”, you'll be responsible not only for land service bookings such as restaurants, guides, local coaches, special requests etc., but also to coordinate the entire tour and ensure timely confirmations within budget and high level of operational quality, the tours will be associated within Benelux, UK and Ireland.
- Tour planning including revenue control and efficient supplier selection for a different type of tours.
- Booking services of series and ad-hoc tours itineraries according to sales requirements, destination specifics, budget, and supplier conditions.
- Establish and keep a good relationship with all suppliers.
- Ensure service bookings are planned as per the logical itinerary routing.
- Handle last-minute changes when groups are on the road as well as emergency cases/calls wherever required.
- To process and confirm critical services efficiently and accurately, paying attention to any special requirements of the clients.
- Investigate and resolve service complaints.
- Proactive communication with suppliers for critical services.
- Prompt communication within the team about updates like special deals, closures, or supplier feedback.
- Support customer service team in event of major on-road issues.
- Building rapport with the tourism board to gather information on new sightseeing activities or restaurant information.
- Build and maintain good internal relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders including Procurement, Accounting, Sales, and Operations, in both English.
- Coordination with Finance team for prepayments and query resolutions.
To Succeed in the Role, You Should Have:
- Travel industry market & culture understanding desirable
- Good written and verbal English skills are essential.
- Destination knowledge of Benelux and/or UK / Ireland is essential.
- Computer literature – experience in working with Microsoft packages is desirable.
- Good business reporting / statistic producing skills are preferred.
- Planning and proactive work approach.
- Good negotiation skill.
- Experience in handling service reservations and Tour management.
We Are Looking for a Person With:
- Ability to work under pressure and work independently
- Motivated and a team player with pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Focusing on Customers & Suppliers
- Detail essential
- Analyzing and improving
- Navigating change
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work in an international environment.
- Diverse & Inclusive culture.
- Learning and training opportunities for growth.
- Dedicated Employee Engagement Activities.
- Flexible & Hybrid Working.