Supervisor Inbound Operations
At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, and meetings, incentives, congresses, and events.
Trading under the brands JTB, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Tumlare Destination Management, Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress and Conference & Touring, our 3,000 plus team members are located across 34 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Americas.
The Supervisor is responsible for the smooth running of operations of the services assigned to the Hub operations team (shared service center). This role involves leadership, managing and monitoring team workloads, effective usage of resources, and making sure team members perform efficiently their tasks and achieve all deadlines set.
What would be your responsibility?
- Overall responsibility for team workloads ensuring that resources are managed efficiently and effectively
- Overall responsibility for ensuring all guidelines, processes, system and SLA´s are strictly adhered to
- Overall responsibility for processes, policies, strategies and deadlines being timely introduced to team members and followed by them
- Keep updated with relevant strategies and company changes in order to pass on knowledge to the rest of the team
- Responsible planning resources, business trips, annual leaves, trainings to ensure a full functionality of the team always
- Responsible for the recruitment of skilled staff together with the Operations manager and HR team
- Ensure update of HR systems to keep always updated information/headcounts, team structures etc.
- Act as an escalation point for difficult operational queries that could not be solved on lower levels
- Motivate, assist in the development and training of operations team members in cooperation with Operations Manager, technical trainers, L&D manager and HR team
- Conduct regular meetings with team leaders in order to have regular overview of team progress, performance and main issues
- Provide regular reporting, update and feedback on team performance and problematic areas to Operations Manager
- Attend and participate at relevant training & meetings with management
- To oversee communication/negotiation with suppliers in order to Optimize allocations and contribute additional Net revenue
- Ongoing analysis and feedback of supplier performance in cooperation with procurement team(s)
- To establish and develop relationships with local offices, keep close communication related operational matters, split of tasks/responsibilities, support when and where required
- Close communication with technical trainer/IT teams in order to find more effective ways of working with the system ensuring less manual work
- Conduct regular meetings with Sales Operations teams, keeping close communication regarding processes, staff performance and feedback
- Manage ad hoc projects/tasks required to facilitate and improve the overall running of the department
- Proven experience of operations/back office centers/customer service
- Proven experience of team management, SLA management and monitoring
- Strong delivery focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent ability to communicate, liaise and negotiate, internally and externally
- Fluency in English is a must
- Ability to speak fluently at least one foreign language (German, French, Italian or Spanish) as an advantage
- Willing to coach and mentor others to succeed
- Able to handle long and short term multiple tasks, whilst working in a fast paced environment
- Experience of the travel industry will be advantageous
- Geographic knowledge of main European destinations.