Senior Sales Leader
At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, and meetings, incentives, congresses, and events.
Trading under the brands JTB, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Tumlare Destination Management, Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress and Conference & Touring, our 3,000 plus team members are located across 34 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Americas.
The purpose of this role is to lead and execute business plan of the Groups business in the assigned area(s).
This role will report to the VP, Sales Groups China & Hong Kong.
- In charge of Group Sales in the assigned area, with full profit and loss responsibility.
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership and interface with external customers, represents the combined organization externally.
- Put processes in place to ensure high effectiveness of the Sales team, ensuring high-performance culture is installed and continuously improved.
- Drive the post-acquisition integration program on behalf of the Groups Sales organization, liaising closely with all business integration leads/partners. Implement any changes necessary to deliver the integration plan for the Groups Sales organization.
- Execute the strategic plan to promote revenue, profitability and growth as per budget.
- Monitor turnover and profit of key accounts, including payment control.
- Oversee the company’s operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources.
- Continually monitor market and competitor activity in relation to the direction and performance of the business, identify growth areas and drive growth by expanding into new markets and segments.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal customers across all channels globally and other key functional stakeholders (i.e. technology, finance, HR, legal);
- Appoint, recruit, motivate and develop the combined team.
- Lead and manage team members through providing guidance and sharing knowledge, problem-solving with expertise;
- Ensure all business activities comply with relevant financial, legislative, legal demands and ethical standards of the organization.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Strong academic credentials or related work experience.
- Excellent sales track record accompanied with strong sales skills & competencies.
- Experienced manager with leadership experience in managing independent teams.
- Proven ability to effectively build relationships at senior levels and manage external as well as internal resources.
- Extensive experience and commercial knowledge of the travel & hospitality industries, key competitors, industry issues and related technology.
- Previous experience of change management.
- Used to working effectively in a fast-moving organization, achieving objectives through the strength and quality of personal leadership.
- Strong delivery focus and a proven track record of devising and implementing common sense and pragmatic solutions. Effective approach to project management and delivery.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PERSON WITH
- A clear communicator who is independent-minded.
- A bright, quick, pro-active decision maker with strong people skills, who can adapt quickly to the company's operating environment and capture the trust and respect of colleagues at all levels.
- An analytical problem solver who has the capacity to manage complex issues and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- A team player, willing to get involved in broader leadership issues, with a key focus on solving the requirements driven from the global sales organization.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Must be a self-starter with high energy, willing to work the necessary hours to help transform a 24-7 working environment.
- Hands-on, willing to roll up sleeves and to engage at the front line on a regular basis.
- Occasional regional travel, to engage with external & internal customers.