This role will support the transformation of the local finance structure following the global merger between Kuoni and Tumlare. The key deliverable is to drive change, bring effective control, and process standardization to the Finance & Accounting functions for Kuoni Tumlare entities in the Czech Republic.
The role will support the Regional Head of Finance based in the UK with internal/external reporting obligations, and act as the local financial expert and link to the business. The role will work in close cooperation with the shared service centers in St. Petersburg.
This role will take ownership of the full P&L of the entities in scope, being the guardian of the accuracy of financials at the local level and the end to end responsible for local control, reporting cycle, and B/S-P&L. This includes the timely delivery and review of accurate financial information, fulfillment of audit, tax, and legal assignments on behalf of the entity and the integration of our financial data across systems.
Entities in Scope: Kuoni Destination Management s.r.o and Tumlare Czech Republic s.r.o
Note: Any additional entity created in the Czech republic in the future will also be in the scope of this position.
You will report directly to the Regional Head of Finance based in the UK. The local Accounting teams in the Czech Republic will report directly to you (2 FTE). The Accounting team at AFC will have a dotted line reporting to this role. You will closely work with:
- Business partners in the Czech Republic.
- Local Accounting team in the Czech Republic.
- AFC in St. Petersburg who supports the accounting of Tumlare Czech republic entity.
- Wider global finance function (Business Control, Tax, Treasury, Group Accounting, and Legal).
- Internal and External Auditors and External Vendors and Clients.
- Lead for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial forecast and reporting for the entities within your scope (B/S and P&L), under instructions from the Regional Head of Finance.
- Review monthly Income Statement, including margin reviews, checking for deviations and systems issues. Prepare P&L commentary & Balance sheet movement review.
- Responsible for the analysis of operational expenses for the legal entity. Review accruals and prepayments including all OPEX/central accruals, cost center allocations between functions.
- Review intercompany balances across relevant entities and reporting systems and actively liaise with the relevant counterparties to solve any mismatches.
- Responsible for bank statement reconciliations, as well as the related B/S reconciliations. Ensure that unreconciled items are resolved timely.
- Conduct daily checks of bank statements across different bank accounts of the entity and liaise with Group Treasury when required.
- Conduct reviews of the Fixed Asset register, depreciation, impairment, and amortization. Review and validate the WIP account, Intangibles, IT costs and recharges.
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns under the TOMS VAT scheme.
- Prepare information for year-end group and statutory auditors, Liaise with auditors, and review statutory financial statements for both Kuoni and Tumlare entities, Liaise with external legal and tax consultants as required.
- Roll out functional setup and communication lines with the business and designing a robust control framework that supports excellence in financial performance.
- Structure, manage the delivery and development of your direct reports within the local Accounting teams, both in the Kuoni and Tumlare entities
- Build strong partnerships with the AFC team in charge of invoice processing & credit control to ensure that they provide quality and timely information.
- Other Adhoc projects & tasks as designated.
WE CHALLENGE YOU TO
- Adapt to changing priorities in a complex post-merger, changing organization.
- Ensure accuracy and high-quality information, while working with tight deadlines.
- Ensure effective controls are in place and the ability to prioritize.
- Remain ahead of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Finance or Economics or Accounting Qualification ACCA/CIMA.- minimum part qualified.
- 3+ years of working experience in management reporting, financial accounting, or business control.
- Prior travel industry knowledge is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and have a good understanding of basic accounting principles, including IFRS.
- Hyperion HFM, MS AX, or similar financial ledger and reporting systems.
- Fluent Czech and English language skills. Central European, Russian languages are advantageous.
OUR NEW COLLEAGUE SHOULD HAVE
- Structured and organized skills, with a keen sense of prioritization.
- Flexible approach and ability to implement change.