Sales Executive (Australian Market) AUD 60K max incl superannuation
Location: Melbourne, Australia (Work from home)
Date: January 2020
Who we are:
Part of the JTB Group, Kuoni Tumlare is a B2B wholesaler of hotel rooms and destination services including transfers and sightseeing tours. We are the world’s leading group travel provider. Our culture is diverse, agile, fast-paced and fun. Our employees are passionate about travel and technology and we attract people from all walks of life. We encourage creativity and in turn offer a culture with commitment and trust.
Our ambition is to continue to grow and develop the products and services we offer our customers and to continue to lead the market. Therefore it is really important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realize our goals.
Our vision is to become the world’s leading destination management company – the first choice for customers, partners, and employees. Our mission is to create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations.
We are committed to our corporate values and demonstrate these throughout our working day: Teamwork, Quality & Expertise, Customer Focus, Trust and Enthusiasm.
A bit about the Team:
This position reports to the Account Manager, the primary role of the Sales Executive is to work closely with existing clients to maximize business opportunities, as well as explore and acquire new clients. The jobholder is accountable for achieving budgeted actual GOP (gross operating profit) results, in line with sales revenue and margin targets as defined by the budget.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Business development responsibilities (external): conduct competitor analysis, market trend and destination analysis, preparing business intelligence reports.
- Explore and identify potential new accounts: stay abreast of competitor activities, actively follow up on sales quotation requests from potential clients. Attend local travel fairs and tradeshows.
- Consultative selling: conduct sales visits and calls using the meeting planner effectively. Uncovering the clients’ needs and requirements, qualify requests with agents. Client relationship building, promoting new products, destinations, and last-minute deals, preparing proposals for clients, negotiation and deal closing. Active problem solving and complaint handling, through working closely with internal departments to provide prompt response and resolve complex operational issues.
- High-quality account management: define incentive agreement with the agent, define mark-up plans per market per agent. Enforce T&C, e.g. payment condition, compensation/supplement policy.
- Business development responsibilities (internal): Account planning, budgeting and forecasting, profiling and segmenting. Following up on wins, including confirmation monitoring; cooperation with Sales Operations and collate agent feedback; following up on losses, including regular review with internal departments e.g. quotation hub in Jakarta.
- Attend and participate in regular internal sales meetings, providing a recommendation on business strategy for responsible accounts/markets.
- Ensure business transactions are in accordance with the company policies
- Responsible for sales revenue and profit targets
- Any other ad hoc projects as required and commensurate with job level
- Flexibility as there may be an occasional requirement to travel or attend travel trade fairs over weekends.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent selling and influencing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and a good teamwork player
- Good negotiation skill
- Good knowledge of destinations and tourist attractions in Europe
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above with a proven track record in Sales & Marketing, in travel or related industry, is an advantage.
- Track record in establishing relationships with clients/travel agents or related authorities.