Hong Kong, Hong KongDestination Management
Company Information & Job Details
About Kuoni Tumlare
At Kuoni Tumlare, we deliver truly inspiring and innovative solutions and experiences that create value both for our Partners and Society at large. Our wide portfolio of products and solutions is built on 100+ years of destination management experience.
Our solutions include series tours, technical visits, educational tours, Japanspecialist travel consulting, as well as meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions. Our product portfolio includes MyBus excursions at destinations as well as guaranteed departure tours devised and delivered by our Seat-in-Coach specialists, Europamundo (EMV) and MyBus Landcruise.
We cater to a wide range of customer needs in close collaboration with our trusted suppliers and powered by our team of destinations experts - enabling us to make a real difference to the world.
About the Business / Function
Our Destination Management services form the core of our business. Together with our destination experts, our sales teams generate business and shape itineraries suited to our customers’ needs with real-time insider knowledge. We take care of everything from ground support, hotel bookings, sightseeing, restaurants, and local guides; all while providing 24/7 customer support so that travelers from over 50 countries can enjoy memorable travel experiences worry free.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to lead the Sales team in Hong Kong and execute the strategic plan of the Groups business to develop and drive the profitable sales growth in Hong Kong.
- Leadership of Group Sales in Hong Kong including Leisure Business, MICE, Premium Adhoc business and EMV (Europamundo seat in coach).
- Execute strategic business plan to drive/deliver the Profit KPI by achieving targets contribution % and contribution as well as manage OPEX cost.
- Develop and maintain strong partnership and interface with Key Accounts and customers in Hong Kong, representing the organization externally.
- Put processes in place to ensure a high effectiveness of the Sales team in Hong Kong, ensuring high performance culture is installed and continuously improved.
- Overall responsibility for top line and bottom-line growth and delivery of Key Account business including AR control.
- Oversight of Sales, Sales Support and Operations to ensure efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources.
- Continually monitor market and competitor activity in relation to the direction and performance of the business, identify growth areas and drive growth by expanding into new markets and segments.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal customers across all channels globally and other key functional stakeholders (i.e. Sourcing, Operations, Finance, HR).
- Ensure all business activities comply with relevant financial, legislative, legal and ethical standards of the organization.
- To build/develop a strong team in HK through retaining internal talents, attracting external good performers, keeping employees motivated and engaged.
To Succeed in the Role, You should have :
- Excellent sales leadership track record accompanied with strong sales skills & competencies.
- Proven ability to effectively build relationships at senior levels and manage external as well as internal stakeholders
- Strong delivery focus and a proven track record of devising and implementing common sense and pragmatic solutions. Effective approach to project management and delivery.
- Extensive experience and commercial knowledge/acumen with a deep understanding of Hong Kong travel industry/market.
- Used to working effectively in a fast-moving organization, achieving objectives through the strength and quality of personal leadership.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Existing knowledge of the Kuoni Tumlare business would be a strong plus.
- Core competencies:
Continuously delivering on commitments, striving to make improvements to systems, processes or setting goals.
Focusing the efforts on discovering and meeting both internal and external customers’ needs, building long-term trusting relationships, and partnering to mutual benefit.
Accepting dynamic and changing situations as a challenge and navigating them by being flexible and adapting to ambiguous circumstances.
Teamwork & Collaboration:
Collaborate constructively by sharing knowledge, experience and information to reach consensus and organizational goals, includes showing respect and confidence within the team.
Align individual and team objectives with organizational goals and business strategy and take actions to achieve them.
Motivating and developing others:
Provide frequent feedback and coaching to others. Attract, develop and engage a high performing, diverse team and provides direction that clarifies expectations.
We Are Looking for a Person is:
With 10+ years sales and business development experience.
Proven capabilities in driving and leading high-performance sales teams.
Proven experience of operating successfully with rapidly growing organizations.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
- Diverse & Inclusive culture
- Learning and training opportunities for growth
- Dedicated Employee Engagement Activities