Operations Executive (Fixed Term Contract) - Mandarin speaker
At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, meetings, incentives, congresses and events. Trading under the brands JTB, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Tumlare Destination Management, Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress, Conference & Touring, our 3,000+ team members are located across 34 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, this role is responsible for both contracting and operation of tours as per pre-defined standard operating procedures (SOP). The role is also responsible for dealing with system related queries, connecting suppliers on line, creating and updating city codes and service items, as well as updating allocation file and meeting points etc. Contact with stakeholders within the organization (Sales Office Operations, hotel team, Inbound Operations, IT and third party suppliers).
This role is for 10 months Fixed Term
Day to day activities
- Discuss agreed daily rates, expenses for tour escorts throughout the year and send contracts to suppliers to sign and return ensure fully compliant by given deadline.
- Input contracts accurately as/when required
- Source new suppliers and review CVs for experience and suitability
- Screen and optimize profit of new go-ahead bookings
- Control confirmations (quality and price)
- Chase suppliers for confirmation, and sales for final details.
- Perform changes as per Agents' requests including pre-final adjustments. Brief suppliers prior to tour starts with accurate details.
- Confirm services efficiently and accurately using our Service Reservations systems, paying attention to any special requirements of the clients.
- Checking itineraries and services quoted by sales to ensure feasibility and making suggestions where necessary.
- Negotiating with suppliers to maximise profit margins as/when required
- Work with other team members and coordinate the allocation of groups that require tour escorts
- Deal with last minute go ahead and changes
- Issue final documents to Driver Escorts and Tour Escorts.
- Communicate with colleagues (sales) and driver escorts, tour escorts about organisation of the itinerary
- Booking pre and post nights if necessary
- Arranging travels for driver escorts / tour escorts if necessary
- Invoice support and account queries handling for all services our team handle
- Investigation of complaints received with our suppliers where applicable.
- Convert supplier on line when requested by ops and ensure website and AS400 updated correctly
- Create and update city codes and service items on AS400
- Maintain destination services files on Pax amendment, contract authorization and X-reference files
- Maintain public holiday information on Knet
- Respond to all information requests and collect supplier inventory information
- Make sure to book the correct Driver Escorts, Tour Escorts requested for the group
- Build strong relationship with the suppliers in order to gain better understanding of their and our needs
- Daily contact per e-mail and telephone
- Keep abreast of business forecast, read meeting minutes and other relevant information from our Sales and Operations management
- Attend Operations team meetings and other meetings as required and contribute ideas.
- Meet and greet visitors as required
• Clear, open and effective communication with Sales Office Operations and Inbound Operations teams, IT and 3rd party suppliers
• Collaboration with Sales and all other internal teams
• Price and condition negotiations with suppliers and sales ops
- Excellent command of written and spoken Chinese language (Mandarin)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English communication
- Proven track record of negotiation skills
- Ability to optimize product/price support for sales
- Sense of urgency/ ‘can-do’ attitude
- Hardworking and reliable, and a good team player.
- Ability to handle heavy workload and work under pressure
- Precise, logical and straight forward communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organization skills and ability to prioritize with sound reasoning to support
- Proven track record of operations experience
- Must be computer literate with extensive hands-on experience working with computer systems including MS Wod, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. AS400 preferable