At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, and meetings, incentives, congresses, and events. Our talented team members are located across 37 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Americas. Our customers and clients range from retail and wholesale travel agents to multinational corporations managing some of the world’s most well-known brands.
We are now adapting to a “New Normal” from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, to transform our organization by embracing Innovation through Virtual Products which influences our new business models – remaining central to our longer-term positioning in the market.
• This role oversees pay and benefit infrastructure, combining strategic and technical operational
• The role makes recommendations for all critical compensation and benefits decisions based on in-depth analysis and consultation.
• This role will also need to support key Global HR projects.
• This role reports to the CHRO
• The role is part of the global HR Leadership Team (HRLT)
• Works as an internal C&B Center of Excellence/Consultant to support the HRLT and LT
• Play a key role in further establishing and optimizing a Global C&B approach that remains relevant locally to the markets and covers short and long-term performance-based incentive plans, executive compensation, variable pay, and benefits strategies.
• Provide analysis and advice on all C&B-related matters, develop and support the implementation of a
reward strategy and resulting policies that assist in the achievement of the organization’s strategic business objectives.
• Maintain global C&B processes for grading, bonus plans, benefits, and salary changes (both annual merit and off-cycle).
• The role holder is expected to be familiar with relevant global market conditions/ legislative environments and will interface frequently with senior management.
• Create solutions and give advice for complex issues within the sphere of job evaluation, market information, and benefits prevalence. The role should be prepared to find balanced solutions for annual merit and off-cycle increases being flexible within the company guidelines.
• Work alongside HRIS, Business Controlling, and Corporate Planning to develop a variable pay
/bonus tracking and calculation process using Workday.
• Summaries complex information in a way that is understandable to Senior Finance and Business
• Perform sensitivity analysis/scenario and develop proposals for key C&B decisions
• Coordinating links with the HRIS/Workday Team to resolve any C&B-related queries that may arise.
• Support in global HR projects by providing central expertise, gathering and reporting consolidated project status, people-related costs, and other financial information.
• Serve as a central governing body to review adherence to methodologies, budgets, and timing.
• Provision of strategic and tactical C&B support as well as C&B policy and process management.
• Supporting Regional / Local HR to manage all relevant countries across the globe approx. 1500 FTE
across 30 countries
• Supporting key Global HR Projects including transformation, budgeting, and people cost, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Qualifications
• Educated to degree level or equivalent depth of experience
• Proven experience of working with senior management to provide C&B consulting
• Experience of working in a matrix structure, influencing, collaborating, co-opting with other HR team members
(incl. remotely) such as Regional and Local HR, TA Partners, Specialist HR functions.
• Experience in designing and implementing change programs.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability and credibility to build strong relationships and to
operate at all levels.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and manage project delivery to deadlines.
• Positive, “can do”, flexible attitude.
• Advanced excel skills for C&B analytical exercises e.g. being able to show costs in a single
currency using VLOOKUP’s, creating and maintaining complex IF statements, pivot tables and
macros for bonus payout and budgeting sheets.
• Experience in analytical job evaluation and making pay recommendations based on interpreting
market and internal data and applying it to individual benchmarking issues that arise.
• User experience with sxdHR software (preferably Workday).
• Experience with Mercer job evaluation tool and Mercer WIN to derive global pay and benefits
information is a plus.
• Fluent English – written and spoken.
Attributes of The Role Holder
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Keen eye for detail
• Strong facilitation & influencing and stakeholder management skills.
• Flexible / adaptable
• Focusing on Customers and Business Partners
• Delivering Results
• Analysing and Improving
• Navigating Change