JTB Group., who has companies and offices in 38 countries and taking in-house legal activities for group in Tokyo, Singapore, Zurich, Dublin, LA, and San Diego, is looking to hire an in-house lawyer responsible for the effective and efficient management of legal and contractual risks and provision of general legal advisory services.
Legal Advisory and Contract Management
- Draft, review and provide legal advice on contracts and other legal documents for JTB
Corp.’s global business, with a focus on the Asia Pacific Region (“AP”);
- Review and provide legal advice on business or transaction schemes and M&A
- Provide legal advice to the business in AP Group and other group companies.;
- Negotiate, or support salespeople to negotiate, with third parties from legal
- Liaise with relevant divisions to ensure appropriate action will be taken where
legal risks are identified;
- Research, provide and interpret legal information including information on travel
and tourism laws, consumer protection laws, data protection laws, privacy laws,
corporate laws, anti-trust laws, competition laws, anti-bribery laws,
- Administer intellectual property rights for the businesses in AP;
- Manage personal data in AP; and
- Liaise with external lawyers
and expand relationships with external lawyers.
- Review and provide advice on group policies; and
- Review and provide advice on the group and local policies.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations;
- Review and provide legal advice on internal control system; and
- Liaise with relevant authorities if necessary.
- Conduct training for JTB Corp.’s global business, with a focus on one and other areas
- Support implementation of group policies; and
- Support contract managers of each company, especiallyin AP.
- Manage and review the progress of outstanding disputes and investigations;
- Liaise with and manage external lawyers; and
- Report litigation and investigation progress to management.
- Bar admission considered an asset
- Language: English and Chinese(Mandarin)
- At least 5-year legal experience, preferably as a member of an in-house legal department and with experience in M&A and compliance as well as contract
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues/problems, recommend and implement
- Advanced proficiency in English and Chinese, preferably with proficiency in
- PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint,
- Possibility of business trips to Tokyo, within AP and outside of AP.
- Possibility of transfer to group headquarters (Tokyo) and/or other countries
- Job Location: Singapore or Malaysia