JTB Reservation Executive
At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, meetings, incentives, congresses and events. Trading under the brands JTB, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Tumlare Destination Management, Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress, Conference & Touring, our 3,000+ team members are located across 34 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
To support JTB/KUONI TUMLARE sales offices by confirming hotels within the agreed specifications (budget, quality etc.) and SLAs (response deadlines etc.) while ensuring that maximum profit is obtained through the long and short term negotiation of confirmed rates.
Reporting and key relationships:
- Reports directly to a Group Reservations Supervisor and/or Regional Group Reservations Manager.
- Has close interaction the sourcing team.
- Key clients are the worldwide KUONI TUMLARE sales offices.
- Key relationships are with sales, sourcing and the suppliers in their territory.
- Ensure the delivery a high level of service to the Groups Sales teams, confirming reservations within deadline and maximizing profit via the TDS, DOS,AS400 web booking tool and web booking tool light.
- Ensure daily priorities, as defined by the supervisor or manager, are cleared each day.
- Prioritize business to properties according to purchasing strategy – hotels with partner agreement and group allocation. Optimize the usage of the web booking tool and the web booking tool light.
- Maximization of profit both at initial booking stage and by renegotiation to optimize profit closer to arrival.
- Regular professional communication to sales to ensure they are informed of potential problems at an early stage and suitable solutions are found. Respond to all sales communication in a timely manner.
- Must build and share commercial awareness, both of the hotel product within territory and the needs of the diverse range of GTS source markets to be equipped to pass their knowledge on to sales teams through sound professional advice when confirming group requests or offering solutions to problem bookings.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with suppliers and preferred partners.
- To fulfill any other special duty, as required by reservations management, outside the normal routine but within the overall scope of the position.
- Occasional attendance at trade fairs and other industry events as appropriate.
- To comply with all legal, HR, health & safety and fire regulations and all company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Professional hotel and tourism qualification or working experience in the travel or hotel industry.
- Fluency in English with a second European language preferable.
- Ability to communicate on all levels and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills both proactively and ongoing
- Ability to work within high-pressured environment.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and qualify work
- Proven ability to negotiate.