At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, and meetings, incentives, congresses and events.
Trading under the brands JTB, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Tumlare Destination Management, Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress and Conference & Touring, our 3,000 plus team members are located across 34 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
To act as an effective generalist HR partner with management colleagues and employees in Kuoni GTS, Tumlare in US, with a particular focus on specific HR based restructure projects which include managing stakeholders, change management, management coaching, employee relations and the delivery of HR initiatives you will:
- Research and recommend performance evaluation methods (e.g. employee appraisal systems)
- Designing and helping implement company policies
- Reviewing and updating job descriptions
- Providing valuable guidelines on how to recruit, manage, evaluate and retain employees
- Providing interviewing tips to hiring managers, researching performance evaluation methods and designing company policies.
- Ensuring our Human Resources department nurtures a healthy work environment and contributes to achieving our business goals.
- Use key metrics to challenge and drive continuous improvement in people management processes and overall business effectiveness
- Participate in employee job-grading and job profiling activities
- Ensure any benefits or pay concerns are identified and addressed with line managers to ensure satisfactory employee engagement levels are maintained
- Work with the L&D, C&B teams and managers to define development needs and develop strategies and initiatives to address those needs
- Facilitate learning and development activities where appropriate
- Be responsible for the HR function in country across all company functions and divisions, in multiple offices (Boston, New Jersey, Sao Paolo)
- Work collaboratively with the business, managing the HR relationship
- Help drive the business people plan forward through HR project delivery, diagnosing issues, implementing solutions and managing risks
- Proactively identify areas where HR can add value by working with business stakeholders
- Help bring the various business functions together through the company people plan and people policies.
- You will reports to the Head of HR Southern Europe & Americas and work closely with the specialist functions part of the Global HR team
- Work successfully across company functions and divisions
- Supports & delivers HR projects (Divisional and Global)
- Defines and prepares local HR projects according to business needs
- Participate in designated projects within Compensation and Benefits, such as salary benchmarking, advising managers on salary levels, benefit management etc.
- Manages hiring process for employees
- Adjusts departments’ organization, salary and other HR related changes accordingly
- Controls Time off admin and make needed adjustments (pay run control)
- HR Policy
- Create, gain agreement and implement HR policies as required by changing legislation or new business issues to enable the Company to proactively respond to changes while setting appropriate company standards
- Pay run
- Manage the attendance control and needed adjustments in Workday with HR Advisor cooperation
- communicate and cooperate with external payroll provider
- Take care of HR Admin tasks
- Ensure the efficient recruitment for all depts.
- Provide induction training for all newcomers for all departments
- Work in conjunction with the internal Talent Acquisition Team and key stakeholders to ensure the recruitment of high caliber, qualified employees to support the business needs
- Act as a consultant/coach/confidant to managers on high impact organizational issues to maintain high levels of employee engagement
- Work with stakeholders to ensure departments are equipped to deal with changing business requirements - from ideas generation to planning, implementing and communicating organizational change
- Provide specific advice and guidance to managers to ensure fair and consistent treatment of employees across the organization
- Conduct internal surveys to gather employee feedback and identify areas of improvement
- Monitor key recruiting metrics, like turnover and retention rates
- Address employee requests and potential issues (e.g. grievances)
- Assist in organizing employer branding initiatives
- Act as the point of contact for hiring managers, employees and other HR team members
WE CHALLENGE YOU TO
- Provision of a complete HR service to approximately 60 employees in Americas between Boston, New Jersey, Sao Paolo in partnership with managers
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Strong US HR experience within an international company.
- HR local qualification or shows significant relevant experience within a standalone HR role.
- Demonstrable experience of working with managers in the delivery of pragmatic commercially focused advice.
- Strong communication skills with the ability and credibility to build relationships and to operate at all levels
- Experience in supporting the design and implementation of change programs.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in managing and monitoring payroll through an external payroll provider.
- Positive, “can do”, flexible attitude.
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Experience working with an HR Information System (Workday would be ideal)