Hotel Reservation Expert
As a Hotel Reservation Executive you ensure the successful booking of groups in contracted and non-contracted hotels in your area of responsibility and help improve the overall service quality .
Key activities :
- Focus on/resolve complex cases where a good supplier relationship is required, such as: last-minute bookings, bookings without allotment, long-term bookings without valid contract, resolving of kick-outs and book-outs, avoiding of supplier cancellation charges, etc.
- Maximization of profit both by negotiation at initial booking stage and by renegotiation to optimize profit closer to arrival.
- Reduce over-budget in coordination with the “Optimization” team
- Identify bottlenecks/capacity constraints early and initiate corrective actions together with the Reservation team
- Support steering of volume into preferred hotels to increase allotment usage and grow volume
- Ensure fair rates are applied during quotation phase and escalate if needed
- Keep contact to key suppliers in close cooperation with procurement managers; organize joint “fam trips”
- Ensure a continuous transfer of knowledge and destination expertise to your Reservation team based in hubs; advise/train Res staff in hubs on best practices
- Identify non-Reservation tasks and align with Operations to hand over such tasks
- Promote use of our internal Supplier Net solution
- Experience in an international Hotel Reservation, Hotel Procurement or Account management role
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills (written / spoken) in English and German at business level
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-moving organization
- Strong delivery focus and a proven track record of implementing workable solutions
- IT proficiency, knowledge of the company’s proprietary systems AS400 and/or DOS advantageous
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (data analysis in Excel and reporting in PowerPoint)