Hotel Reservation Coordinator
Frankfurt, Hessen, GermanyDestination Management
Company Information & Job Details
About Kuoni Tumlare
At Kuoni Tumlare, we deliver truly inspiring and innovative solutions and experiences that create value both for our Partners and Society at large. Our wide portfolio of products and solutions is built on 100+ years of destination management experience.
Our solutions include series tours, technical visits, educational tours, Japanspecialist travel consulting, as well as meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions. Our product portfolio includes MyBus excursions at destinations as well as guaranteed departure tours devised and delivered by our Seat-in-Coach specialists, Europamundo (EMV) and MyBus Landcruise.
We cater to a wide range of customer needs in close collaboration with our trusted suppliers and powered by our team of destinations experts - enabling us to make a real difference to the world.
About the Business
Our Destination Management services form the core of our business. We take care of everything from ground support, hotel bookings, sightseeing, restaurants, and local guides; all while providing 24/7 customer support so that travelers from over 50 countries can enjoy memorable travel experiences worry free.
About the Role
As Hotel Reservation Coordinator, you ensure the successful booking/placing of groups in contracted and non-contracted hotels in your area of responsibility. You leverage your in-depth destination knowledge and strong supplier network to successfully place your bookings.
Thanks to your expertise, you contribute to Hotel Reservation’s efficiency and help improving the overall service quality and profitability of the company.
- Focus on/ resolve complex cases where a good supplier relationship is required, such as: pre-bookings, last-minute bookings, bookings without allotment, long-term bookings without valid contract, resolving of kick-outs and book-outs, avoiding of supplier cancellation charges, etc.
- Maximization of profit both by negotiation at initial booking stage and by renegotiation to optimize profit closer to arrival.
- Reduce over-budget.
- Identify bottlenecks/capacity constraints early and initiate corrective actions together with the Reservation team.
- Support steering of volume into preferred hotels to increase allotment usage and grow volume.
- Ensure fair rates are applied during quotation phase and escalate if needed.
- Keep contact to key suppliers in close cooperation with procurement managers.
- Identify non-Reservation tasks and align with Operations to hand over such tasks.
To Succeed in the Role, You Should Have:
- Be a fast learner, self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality customer service to our clients.
- Take ownership of own area of responsibility.
- Highly detail orientated, able to keep deadlines and work under pressure.
- Work independently with positive can-do attitude.
- Flexible and solution driven, adaptable in uncertain conditions.
- Revenue focused and driven to achieve targets.
We Are Looking for a Person With:
- Experience in an international hotel reservation or account management role.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Knowledge of source markets (Asian, European or American) of advantage.
What We Offer:
- Interesting and variable full time office job (hybrid working possibility).
- Fun and supportive international team across countries.
- Different training and self-development activities.
- Career development possibilities.