Hotel Procurement Manager (Premium Products)
As Procurement Manager (Premium Products), you are responsible for the procurement of deals for high value business including Large Adhoc groups, MICE, Congresses, Sports Groups, technical visits etc. You will also have a portfolio of hotels to contract for other business segments. This position will be largely office based but may require limited travelling.
You build strong relationships with suppliers and sales in order to consistently deliver offers & products that are competitive and suitable to customers throughout different demand cycles. You hold a sustainable balance between strategic thinking and operational capability.
Your tasks include
- Negotiation of rates, space & conditions plus all special requirements for Premium adhoc requests
- Manage option bookings
- Aim to maximise profit through exclusive commissions, renegotiated conditions etc.
- Contract a selection of assigned hotels applying the company’s market-leading procurement strategy and guidelines
- Ensure rate competitiveness of your portfolio (in line with market rates and set KPI targets) and take corrective measures in coordination with your supervisor
- Ensure destination knowledge transfer to Reservation and Sales teams
- Reach special / exclusive agreements with key suppliers, (override deals, marketing contribution)
- Identify business risks and mitigate them, ensure all business activities comply with relevant financial, legislative, legal demands and ethical standards of the organisation
- Experience in an international procurement, handling of MICE / large movements, business development, account or revenue management role, ideally in the hospitality or travel industry
- Higher education in a related field
- Strong communication skills (written / spoken) in English and German
- Work effectively in a fast-moving organization, achieving objectives through personal leadership
- Successfully drive a strategic plan in a fast paced, dynamic/turnaround environment
- Effectively build relationships at senior levels and manage external as well as internal resources
- Strong delivery focus and a proven track record of implementing workable solutions
- IT proficiency including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (data analysis in Excel and reporting in PowerPoint)