Hotel Contract Manager
Rome, Lazio, ItalyDestination Management
Company Information & Job Details
About Kuoni Tumlare
At Kuoni Tumlare, we deliver truly inspiring and innovative solutions and experiences that create value both for our Partners and Society at large. Our wide portfolio of products and solutions is built on 100+ years of destination management experience.
Our solutions include series tours, technical visits, educational tours, Japanspecialist travel consulting, as well as meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions. Our product portfolio includes MyBus excursions at destinations as well as guaranteed departure tours devised and delivered by our Seat-in-Coach specialists, Europamundo (EMV) and MyBus Landcruise.
We cater to a wide range of customer needs in close collaboration with our trusted suppliers and powered by our team of destinations experts - enabling us to make a real difference to the world.
About the Business
Our Destination Management services form the core of our business. Together with our destination experts, our sales and account management teams generate business by partnering with our customers (Tour Operators, Travel Agencies) to shape exciting itineraries suited to their traveler’s needs. We take care of everything from ground support, hotel bookings, sightseeing, restaurants, and local guides; all while providing 24/7 customer support so that travelers from over 50 countries can enjoy memorable travel experiences worry free.
About the Role
As Hotel Procurement Manager Italy, you are responsible for hotel procurement of a section of the company’s contracted hotel portfolio.
You develop, establish and implement the company’s hotel procurement strategy and translate it into medium- and long-term plans in agreement with the Head of Hotel Procurement.
You partner cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to establish a market leading procurement strategy within the Region managed, applying best-in-class approaches (supplier segmentation, benchmarked target setting, performance monitoring) in line with the Head of Procurement Hotel.
You ensure implementation and maintenance of strong relationships with suppliers in order to consistently deliver products that are competitive and suitable to customers throughout different demand cycles. You hold a sustainable balance between strategic thinking and operational capability.
As Hotel Procurement Manager Italy, you will:
- Report to the Head of Procurement
- Build and maintain key internal relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including Procurement, Reservation, Accounting, Mice, Sales and Operations
- Regional Portfolio Management & Accountability:
- Ensure Sales expectation are met (demand side) with competitive product portfolio and inventories within the region
- Responsible for the internal flow of communication across team members and functions (reservation-operation-sales).
- Facilitate and drive special / exclusive agreements with key suppliers, chains in order to ensure performance against strategic objectives and operating targets
- Key Partner involvement in agreements for the region covered
- Dealing with escalated reservation matters for the region
- Dealing with accounting matters for the region
- Ensure consistent KPIs are set for key activities, incentivize and monitor performance against KPIs for the Region Managed, and in conjunction with the Head of Procurement Hotel
- Deliver on targets ie trackers, contracts storage, contract loading – for the region covered – report back to Heads of Procurement
- Proactively identify business risks and act promptly mitigate them/minimize their impact together with Head of Procurement Hotel
- Participate in Destination Reviews related to the region
- Actively set Regional calls with key sales offices
- Quotation and negotiation responsibility for the Region managed
To Succeed in the Role, You Should Have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management position in an international contracting, business development, sales account or revenue management role, ideally in the hospitality or travel industry
- University degree or comparable higher education in a related field
- Strong communication skills (written / spoken) in English at business level
- Proven ability to
- work effectively in a fast-moving organization, achieving objectives through personal leadership
- successfully drive a strategic plan in a fast paced, dynamic/turnaround environment
- effectively build relationships at senior levels and manage external as well as internal resources
- Strong delivery focus and a proven track record of implementing workable solutions
- IT proficiency including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (focus on data analysis in Excel and management reporting in PowerPoint)
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work in an international environment.
- Diverse & Inclusive culture.
- Learning and training opportunities for growth.
- Dedicated Employee Engagement Activities.
- Flexible & Hybrid Working