Financial Accountant GL
At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, and meetings, incentives, congresses and events.
Trading under the brands JTB, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Tumlare Destination Management, Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress and Conference & Touring, our 3,000 plus team members are located across 34 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
As a Financial Accountant, you are responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounts in compliance with local and IFRS requirements for various Swiss Entities.
- Conduct all periodical closings (monthly, quarterly and annual) in coordination with the Head of Finance & Accounting.
- Coordinate and ensure monthly reconciliation of all accounts (PL and BS) and monitor the receipt and registration of all financial transactions.
- Cooperation and coordination of Intercompany activities with all Units worldwide.
- Ensure up-to-date allocation of customer payments including follow-up and further investigations. Pro-active monitoring and controlling of outstanding invoices and critical accounts.
- Responsible for timely processing of payroll files and reconciliation of all relevant accounts in close collaboration with the HR department.
- Ensure timely reclaim and correct accounting procedures for Swiss and German VAT.
- Assure up-to-date bookkeeping and reporting in accordance with Kuoni’s Financial Accounting Manual.
- Ensuring that data from operating system are in sync with the accounting system AX
- Constant automation and optimization of accounting processes
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE
- At least 5 years of experience in Finance & Accounting in a multinational corporation.
- Certificate in Finance and Accounting or equivalent education.
- Solid understanding of key accounting processes to be covered in a day-to-day basis, i.e. bank and balance sheet reconciliation, intercompany reconciliation and settlement process, sub-ledger to GL reconciliation.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is essential. Microsoft Dynamics AX and Oracle HFM knowledge is desirable
- Strong communication skills (written, spoken) in English, German is nice to have
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic turnaround environment
AS A PERSON YOU ARE
- A collaborative self-starter with a hands-on-experience and a can-do-attitude. A pragmatic approach and the ability to address and solve challenges within a dynamic global environment is a must.
- You enjoy structural work with many interactions within the whole group and with various departments
- You focus on accuracy and details while working towards multiple deadlines
- Positive and open-minded, but also critically challenging existing processes and practices
- You have good affinity to IT systems and understand how they interact with the accounting books