Finance Manager - JTB Germany
We look for a new colleague to manage JTB Germany Gmbh as a lead of the local finance team (FTE 3, 1 line in St. Petersburg) ensuring timely and accurate processing of financial accounting and reporting, full compliance with German GAAP, IFRS and legal requirements, statutory accounts and all tax matters while ensuring compliance with Kuoni Tumlare Group requirements
An experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as implementation of internal control policies and procedures agreed with Regional Head of Finance. Execution of financial risk policies.
- Lead for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial reporting and forecast for the entities in Frankfurt and Dusseldorf (B/S, P&L and Cashflow), under instructions from the Group Reporting and Business Controlling team.
- Review monthly Income Statement, including margin reviews, checking for deviations and systems issues. Prepare P&L commentary & Balance sheet movement review.
- Responsible for the analysis of operational expenses for the legal entity. Review accruals and prepayments including all OPEX, cost center allocations between functions for Outbound.
- Review intercompany balances across relevant entities and reporting systems and actively liaise with the relevant counterparties to solve any mismatches.
- Responsible for bank statement reconciliations, as well as the related B/S reconciliations. Ensure that unreconciled items are resolved timely.
- Conduct daily checks of bank statements across different bank accounts of the entity and liaise with Group Treasury when required. Lead in country treasury & hedging process, analyse revaluations and gains & losses.
- Conduct reviews of the Fixed Asset register, depreciation, impairment and amortization. Review and validate WIP account, Intangibles, IT costs and recharges.
- Prepare information for year-end group and statutory auditors for JTB Germany Gmbh. Liaise with auditors and review statutory financial statements. Liaise with external legal and tax consultants as required.
- Roll out functional setup and communication lines with the business and designing a robust control framework that supports excellence in financial performance.
- Monitor account receivable ageing and ensure collectability from customers on a timely basis.
- Liaising with external tax consultants on Corporate tax, VAT regarding tax planning, tax filing as required.
- Ensure information in accounting systems and in HFM is complete and accurate. Maintain Data integrity across all reporting systems.
- Meet the deadlines. Work closely with Group Accounting, Business Controlling, and the rest of the Global Finance team to ensure all deadlines are met and all requirements fulfilled.
- Ensure that the operating systment “ProTAS” is working fine in regard to financial aspects.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE
- ACCA/CIMA or Master’s degree in business administration, finance or economics with previous management experience.
- 5+ years working experience in management reporting, financial accounting or business control.
- Prior financial project/change management experience prefererably in a fast moving multi-cultural, global environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and have a good understanding of basic accounting principles, including IFRS.
- Hyperion HFM, MS AX or similar financial ledger and reporting systems.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and have a good understanding of German GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with multiple currencies/fx
- Fluent in German and English.
- Team player