Evergreen Requisition - Account Manager
An Evergreen Requisition is a job advertisement for positions that our company hires for throughout the year. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within our company and when there is a need to hire the role you will be certainly contacted by our recruitment team.
The primary role of Account Manager is to work closely with existing clients to maximize business opportunities, as well as explore and acquire new clients. The jobholder is accountable for achieving budgeted actual GOP (gross operating profit) results, in line with sales revenue and margin targets as defined by the budget.
- Business development responsibilities (external): conduct competitor analysis, market trend and destination analysis, preparing business intelligence reports.
- Explore and identify potential new accounts: stay abreast of competitor activities, actively follow up on sales quotation request from potential clients. Attend local travel fairs and tradeshows.
- Consultative selling: conduct sales visits and calls using meeting planner effectively. Uncovering the clients’ needs and requirements, qualify request with agents. Client relationship building, promoting new products, destinations and last minute deals, preparing proposals for clients, negotiation and deal closing. Active problem solving and complaint handling, through working closely with internal departments to provide prompt response and resolve complex operational issues.
- High quality account management: define incentive agreement with agent, define mark-up plans per market per agent. Enforce T&C, e.g. payment condition, compensation/supplement policy.
- Business development responsibilities (internal): Account planning, budgeting and forecasting, profiling and segmenting. Following up on wins, including confirmation monitoring; cooperation with Sales Operations and collate agent feedback; following up on losses, including regular review with internal departments e.g. quotation hub.
- Attend and participating in regular internal sales meetings, providing recommendation on business strategy for responsible accounts/market.
- Ensure business transactions are in accordance with the company policies
- Responsible for sales revenue and profit targets.
- Other duties as and when assigned by manager.
Excellent selling and influencing skills
Strong communication and presentation skills in English
Planning and organisational skills
Self-motivated and a good teamwork player
Good negotiation skill
Good knowledge of destinations and tourist attractions in Europe
Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
- Track record in establishing relationships with clients/travel agents or related authorities.
- Diploma or above with at least 3 years’ experience in Sales & Marketing, in travel or related industry is an advantage.