Customer Service Supervisor for Maternity Cover for 1 year
This job role will start from 01 Feb 2020 for 1 year Maternity Leave Cover.
The key objective of this position is to work closely with the manager to provide leadership coaching and mentoring to the team members, enabling them to perform day to day operation tasks & maximum productivity. This position entails a practical approach to problem solving, monitoring & supporting as required in order to set & achieve team objectives and department performance levels. The role will involve close collaboration with team Supervisors, Line Manager and consideration of the application of set Customer Service Guidelines within the department.
Reporting and key relationships
- Reporting into the head of department Dorosthy Teng.
- Close collaboration with Inbound/Outbound Group reservations, Destination Services and Procurement departments -GTS/Tumlare/JTB.
- Close collaboration with team members and supervisors across other markets within the department and across the Company.
- Interaction with management/staff, including HR and Finance.
- Supervise & lead team members with problems solving and provide a point of escalation
- Supervise & distribute daily workload to maximum productivity.
- Training and development for new and existing team members
- Meet and greet VIP tours and accompany important groups when required
· Take the lead with important department projects (i.e. Important VIP groups, Incentive, MICE tours etc.)
· Represent manager at meetings when required & liaise with pertinent department/offices for any quality/product related issue in order to maintain and enhance customer service level
· Perform daily customer service tasks
· Carry an emergency after-hours mobile phone
· Shift pattern work include weekends/public holidays on a rota basis especially during peak season require
· Establish and maintain appropriate systems, procedures & measurement for necessary aspects or organisational performance
· Implement standard/best practices & procedures across all market for consistency.
· Support department manager in reviewing/developing service level agreement (SLAs) with sales offices & EMEA (if/when require) to ensure common practice establish.
· Ensure that appropriate training/development processes are in place so that all staff have the skills and knowledge to comply with the common standards
· Regular review on work process with recommendation for improvement on efficiency
- A college/university degree is essential
- Strong problem solving & negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure & independently as/when required
- Ability to build good relationships internal and external stakeholder
- Strong assertiveness & analytical skills are essential
- Self-motivated and a team player with a pro-active attitude and initiative
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to different shift patterns
- Computer literature, experience working with Microsoft office packages essential
- Good knowledge of the Internal booking system (for internal candidates) & call center technology is desirable
- Previous experience in same/similar customer service/travel industry is essential
- Native level fluency in Mandarin is essential (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge of any third language such as - ie Cantonese, Japanese, French, Italian or Spanish
- Strong experience and good market, culture knowledge for APAC/EMEA region is essential.