1. ROLE: CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVE
2. PURPOSE OF ROLE
Key objectives of this position:
• Provide dedicated customer support to ensure customers' satisfaction throughout trips and provide efficient solutions to any problems that may arise. Expected to function as local PR agent and sales supports in order to maintain existing customer relationships and to promote future business. Will also provide first contact point for all situations that arise, for example external political events or serious accidents involving customers.
3. REPORTING AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to Customer Service Supervisor/Manager.
• Representative of the Company when dealing with customers/suppliers.
4. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handle incoming calls from clients travelling within Italy.
• Action emails, internal system messages and tour reports and reply within same day giving priority to emergencies, notifying Supervisor/Manager in case of budget related matters and serious emergencies
• Coordinate service/hotel reservations and amendments/extra tour arrangements according to customers’ or sales requests.
• Regularly contact customers in order to check the running of the tours
• Solve emergencies in a timely manner that could arise on the road and check if customers are satisfied of outcome/handling. Deal with and solve problems/complaints that may arise during or after trips.
• Provide regular updates (tour reports) on tours running and give feedback/suggestions for future groups
• Handle complaints raised by customers, working closely with other departments/suppliers to provide suitable compensations within Company budget guidelines
• Gather market trends, new products information and update local/destination information
• Product knowledge: suggest suitable options/alternatives to itineraries/products
• Quality control: arrange meet and greets/attendance in order to closely monitor service level/customers’ satisfaction
• Spot checks: checking on supplier with performance issue and report outcome to Supervisor in order to liaise with Contracting department to find best solution
• Present a professional and positive image of the Company to customers and promote the Company in order to contribute to future increase of business
• Liaise with suppliers, and other departments regarding itinerary issues, tour status and problems on the trip.
• Negotiate with suppliers and clients to maximize profit margin when necessary.
• Check itineraries to ensure smooth running of tours and itinerary feasibility.
• Meet clients, attend tours, quality control inspections, or provide onsite support within Italy when required during and outside office hours. Occasional business trips outside of Italy may also be required
• Collect business intelligence information to assist generating future business.
• Carry an emergency after-hours mobile phone if/when required
• Other ad-hoc duties, such as general operations, administrative or co-ordination tasks as required.
• Good written and spoken English
• Good written and spoken Japanese
• Good written and spoken Italian