Account Payable Executive
Paris, Île-de-France, FranceFinance
Company Information & Job Details
About Kuoni Tumlare:
At Kuoni Tumlare, we deliver truly inspiring and innovative solutions and experiences that create value both for our Partners and Society at large. Our wide portfolio of products and solutions is built on 100+ years of destination management experience. Our solutions include series tours, technical visits, educational tours, Japanspecialist travel consulting, as well as meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions. Our product portfolio includes MyBus excursions at destinations as well as guaranteed departure tours devised and delivered by our Seat-in-Coach specialists, Europamundo (EMV) and MyBus Landcruise. We cater to a wide range of customer needs in close collaboration with our trusted suppliers and powered by our team of destinations experts - enabling us to make a real difference to the world.
About the Business:
Our Destination Management services form the core of our business. We take care of everything from ground support, hotel bookings, sightseeing, restaurants, and local guides; all while providing 24/7 customer support so that travelers from over 50 countries can enjoy memorable travel experiences worry free.
As an Account Payable Executive, you proactively collaborate with other departments, local accounting offices, business stakeholders, and external vendors on all company payments, receivable, and credit control issues. You support timely and accurate process delivery, diagnosing issues, cascading them to responsible departments and implementing solutions to increase process efficiency. In this role you report to Head of Corporate and Finance and work closely with other local AP/ AR offices around the world as well as stakeholders within own business area of responsibility.
Reports to Country Head of Corporate and Finance (FC/FM)
Key relationships are with:
- Head of Corporate and Finance
- FP&A team
- Business Partners
- The wider Kuoni Tumlare finance function (tax, treasury, legal, corporate and shared services)
- Group Accounting
- Internal and External Auditors
- External Vendors and Clients
Carry out AP Payment Creation tasks which require to:
Monitor and process payment requests from OPEX Vendor (partially Cost of Sales vendor where applicable). Record payment to AX, maintain the relevant finance owned fields for new OPEX Vendors in AX, amend the status of payment in AX, review and post journals, resolve issues with Vendor bank details, settle, partially settle, and reverse settled transactions, create prepayment journals (component, floating deposit – AX and guarantee prepayments), run the automatic settlement job for component and prepayments, void payment transactions, overview of the Direct Debit process, process credit card settlements. Supervision and training of Accounts Payable support staff.
- Validate AP Payments: generate an electronic (bank) payment file, edit the status of a payment journal, produce and monitor Vendor
- Create and post AP GL Journal Entries
- Create various AP Reports
- Cooperate with the rest of the team to assure accurate and timely request processing as per agreed standards and time frame
- Provide timely and accurate advice to employees from local offices on payment related queries
- Provide vendors with accurate and prompt responses to any queries they may have
Essential knowledge and experience:
- AP/ AR accountant experience in a fast paced commercial environment, ideally gained within the travel or retail
- Educated to degree level or equivalent depth of experience in Accounting
- Knowledge of the basic accounting principles
- Experience in working with international environment, where cultural differences are taken into account and respected
- Good working knowledge of MS Office is required, especially Excel.
- Experience working with AX System.
We Are Looking for a Person With:
- Team player with an eye for details and a focus on accuracy
- Positive and open-minded with a “can do” attitude
- Very Good communicator, with the ability and credibility to build relationships and to operate at all levels in a professional, courteous manner
- Able to work accurately whilst under pressure to achieve multiple deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Result driven and proactive approach
- Strong commercial acumen and excellent problem solving skills
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
- Diverse & Inclusive culture
- Opportunities to learn & grow
- Dedicated wellbeing schemes
- Flexible & Remote Working