The primary role is to work closely with existing clients to maximize business opportunities, as well as explore and acquire new clients.
- Business development responsibilities (external): conduct competitor analysis, market trend and destination analysis, preparing business intelligence reports.
- Explore and identify potential new accounts: stay abreast of competitor activities, actively follow up on sales quotation request from potential clients. Attend local travel fairs and trade shows.
- Consultative selling: conduct sales visits and calls using meeting planner effectively. Uncovering the clients’ needs and requirements, qualify request with agents. Client relationship building, promoting new products, destinations and last minute deals, preparing proposals for clients, negotiation and deal closing. Active problem solving and complaint handling, through working closely with internal departments to provide prompt response and resolve complex operational issues.
- High quality account management: define incentive agreement with agent, define mark-up plans per market per agent. Enforce T&C, e.g. payment condition, compensation/supplement policy.
- Business development responsibilities (internal): Account planning, budgeting and forecasting, profiling and segmenting. Following up on wins, including confirmation monitoring; cooperation with Sales Operations and collate agent feedback; following up on losses, including regular review with internal departments e.g. quotation hub.
- Attend and participating in regular internal sales meetings, providing recommendation on business strategy for responsible accounts/market.
- Ensure business transactions are in accordance with the company policies
- Responsible for sales revenue and profit targets.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in Hospitality/Tourism/Commerce
- Excellent selling and influencing skills
- At least 5 year(s) of experience in Sales & Marketing, in travel agent or related industry is preferable.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Track record in establishing relationships with clients/travel agents or related authorities
- Planning and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and a good teamwork player
- Good negotiation skill
- Good knowledge of destinations and tourist attractions in Europe
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
- Preferably Supervisor / Coordinators specializing in Sales - Corporate or equivalent.
- Full-Time position available.