Shanghai/Beijing/Guangzhou, Shanghai Shi, ChinaDestination Management
Company Information & Job Details
About Kuoni Tumlare:
At Kuoni Tumlare, we deliver truly inspiring and innovative solutions and experiences that create value both for our Partners and Society at large. Our wide portfolio of products and solutions is built on 100+ years of destination management experience.
Our solutions include series tours, technical visits, educational tours, Japanspecialist travel consulting, as well as meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions. Our product portfolio includes MyBus excursions at destinations as well as guaranteed departure tours devised and delivered by our Seat-in-Coach specialists, Europamundo (EMV) and MyBus Landcruise.
We cater to a wide range of customer needs in close collaboration with our trusted suppliers and powered by our team of destinations experts - enabling us to make a real difference to the world.
About the Business:
Our Destination Management services form the core of our business. We take care of everything from ground support, hotel bookings, sightseeing, restaurants, and local guides; all while providing 24/7 customer support so that travelers from over 50 countries can enjoy memorable travel experiences worry free.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Account Executive to join our dynamic and global team. This position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in Sales department and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. You will work closely with Operations team to maximize revenue in the most profitable way in line with the agreed targets.
- Business development responsibilities (external): conduct competitor analysis, market trend and destination analysis, preparing business intelligence reports.
- Explore and identify potential new accounts: stay abreast of competitor activities, actively follow up on sales quotation request from potential clients. Attend local travel fairs and tradeshows.
- Consultative selling: conduct sales visits and calls using meeting planner effectively. Uncovering the clients’ needs and requirements, qualify request with agents. Client relationship building, promoting new products, destinations and last minute deals, preparing proposals for clients, negotiation and deal closing. Active problem solving and complaint handling, through working closely with internal departments to provide prompt response and resolve complex operational issues.
- High quality account management: define incentive agreement with agent, define mark-up plans per market per agent. Enforce T&C, e.g. payment condition, compensation/supplement policy.
- Business development responsibilities (internal): Account planning, budgeting and forecasting, profiling and segmenting. Following up on wins, including confirmation monitoring; cooperation with Sales Operations and collate agent feedback; following up on losses, including regular review with internal departments e.g. quotation hub.
- Attend and participating in regular internal sales meetings, providing recommendation on business strategy for responsible accounts/market.
- Ensure business transactions are in accordance with the company policies
- Responsible for sales revenue and profit targets.
- Other duties as and when assigned by manager.
- Excellent selling and influencing skills;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Self-motivated and a good teamwork player;
- Good negotiation skill;
- Good knowledge of destinations and tourist attractions in Europe
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
We Are Looking for a Person With:
- Diploma or above with at least 3 years’ experience in Sales & Marketing, in travel or related industry is an advantage.
- Track record in establishing relationships with clients/travel agents or related authorities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English;
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
- Diverse & Inclusive culture
- Learning and training opportunities for growth
- Dedicated Employee Engagement Activities
- Flexible & Remote Working