Accommodations Project Manager
Paris, Île-de-France, FranceMeetings & Events
Company Information & Job Details
JTB Meetings & Events, part of the Kuoni Tumlare Group, and member of the Global Travel Network by JTB, supports the meeting, incentive, congress, and event industry with professional Destination Partner services.
From innovative corporate event production to ground logistics that run like clockwork, our experts reveal each destination in ways that are both wonderfully authentic and perfectly tailored. JTB Meetings & Events benefits from global presence; each of our worldwide office is represented by carefully handpicked professionals who know everything about their destination.
We are currently recruiting an Accommodation Operations Manager to manage the Hospitality Program for one of the Top Sponsors of Paris 2024 Olympic Games. This position will be based in Paris region, with start on April 1st and ends on August 31, 2024 (Fixed-term contract).
Reporting to the overall Operations Director, our Accommodations Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of 5-stars accommodation operations for our client before and throughout their stay, in addition to the client staff hotel and our JTB staff hotel.
Your primary focus will be to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of guests ‘accommodation while maintaining the highest standards of service and guest satisfaction.
- Onboarding of accommodation coordinators and registration desk hosts.
- Assist in development of training materials, conduct training and coaching to enhance guest service skills, hospitality standards, and operational efficiency.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to optimize operations and deliver exceptional guests’ experience.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to enhance the overall guest experience and identify opportunities for cross-functional improvements.
- Manage allocated room block, room types, guest room assignments and rooming list.
- Create detailed Accommodation Operations Resume including topics such as guest allergies and dietary restrictions, VIP guests, guest services schedule & preferences.
- Pre-inspect hotel dedicated areas and rooms to ensure cleanliness and setups are up to expectations.
- Manage guest arrivals, check-in/out, and departures, ensuring a warm and professional first and last impression at the hotel.
- Handle guest inquiries and complaints related to accommodation, providing prompt and effective resolutions to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Review billings, update the accounting reports and maintain the budget (before, during and post event).
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Hospitality Management, or a related field (master's degree preferred)
- 5+ years of proven experience as an Accommodations Operations Manager, Front Office Manager, or in a similar role within the hospitality industry.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint - Opera hotel management system would be a plus.
- Fluent in French and English
- Based in France (preferably in Paris region)
We are looking for:
- A collaborative team player who is committed and works well on a team and independently.
- Passionate and motivated, with a positive attitude, and excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding organization skills and meticulous attention to details.
- Adapt well to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Proactive - solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
- Comfortable working long hours in a demanding but friendly environment.
- Availability to work in external location for the whole duration of the Olympic Games + training (1 month from 15th July to 15th August)